Thank you to everyone who submitted photos to the JET Ski: At Home Edition Photo Contest! The submission period is now closed. Voting for the People’s Choice winner is now OPEN. Head over to this form to vote on your top three favorites: https://forms.gle/Ae6Yv8hy9CZ6zXY88
While you’re there, don’t forget to register for our Après Ski virtual happy hour on March 6th, where we’ll announce the winners! Or register here: http://bit.ly/jetski2021
Sponsored by JETAABC, PNWJETAA, and JETAA Portland
2021 would have been our 3rd annual JET Ski trip with our friends at JETAABC, PNWJETAA, and JETAA Portland. Although we’re not able to meet in person, we’d love to keep the JET Ski event alive, so we are pleased to announce the 2021 JET Ski: At Home Edition Photo Contest! Please read on for further details.
Official Rules for JET Ski: At Home Edition Photo Contest
Theme: Winter Activities
Maybe you’ve taken up snowshoeing, or read some excellent books, or finally cultivated a healthy starter for your sourdough. Whether you are heading to the great outdoors or expanding your activities indoors, share with us the ways that you’re spending the winter months!
Note: The sponsoring JETAA Chapters require all contest participants to adhere to local regulations of social distancing and safety. Whatever winter activities you are enjoying, please do so safely and responsibly!
There are four prizes available for contest participants!
- People’s Choice Grand Prize (1): Raku Gift Package from Kokoro Care Packages One grand prize winner will be selected from all photo submissions at the end of February. The most-voted submission will be chosen as the winner.
- Random Draw Prizes (1 per chapter): Gift Items from Nikkei National Museum & Culture Centre (BC), Japanese Cultural & Community Center of Washington Hosekibako (PNW), and Kinokuniya Bookstore (Portland). One submission from each chapter will be chosen at random to win. Three prizes are available total, one per participating JETAA Chapter.
- Must be a registered member of one of the three sponsoring Japan Exchange & Teaching Program Alumni Association (JETAA) Chapters: JETAA British Columbia & Yukon, Pacific Northwest JETAA, and JETAA Portland.
- Photos may be from as far back as November 2020. Older photos will not be considered for the prize drawing and contest.
- Photos must be in compliance with local regulations regarding gatherings, travel, and social distancing. Photos showing disregard for local rules will be disqualified for the prize drawing and contest.
- No purchase necessary. Must be age of majority in your jurisdiction or older to participate.
Up to five (5) photos per person or household may be submitted. Each photo is considered one entry for either the Chapter Random Drawing and/or the People’s Choice Grand Prize.
We are accepting applications between February 1 at 12:00pm – February 28, 2021 at 11:59pm PST.
- Take a photo of your winter activity. Your photo may include yourself, household members, or pets.
- Format the image as JPG, GIF, or PNG and maintain a minimum resolution of 1080 x 1080 (Instagram image size).
- Upload your image via the Contest Google Form and complete all other required information.
Photo Display and Public Voting
- All photos will be posted on the Instagram accounts for all three sponsoring JETAA chapters during the contest period at @jetaabc, @official_pnwjetaa, and @jetaapdx.
- Voting will begin on March 1 via Google Form and end on March 5th at 11:59pm PST. Winners will be announced on March 6th at the JET Ski: At Home Edition happy hour (details coming soon).
- We will not accept:
- Images that violate public order and morals, even if they meet the submission requirements above, specifically, works that are sexually explicit; contain violent depictions or strong political or religious tones, etc.;
- Images that can be interpreted for commercial purposes such as advertising of companies or products. Evaluation of the aforementioned disqualifiers is up to the sole discretion of the organizers.
- If a claim for damages or copyright violation is made, it must be resolved by the creator and the responsibility is that of the creator’s— the organizers will not be involved.
- The contents of this project may be changed or terminated without notice.
- The organizers may use the submitted material on our social media and website.
The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram.